Want to know where I’ve been this year and where I’m headed next? Here’s my intended schedule for 2017 — and a few “maybes” shown in red. Let’s see what ends up filling in the blanks!
- Photo Essay: What I Did Instead of Hiking the Inca Trail
- Getting to Machu Picchu is a Pain in the Butt
- I Acclimated to the Sacred Valley the Wrong Way (But You Don’t Have To)
- Ballestas Islands vs Islas Palomino: Which is Better?
- Did I Do Hoi An All Wrong?
- Things No One Tells You About Vietnamese Cupping Therapy
- You Did What?! A Story About the Murder I Solved in Saigon
- I Was Stalked in Belize!
- Don’t Miss Conejo Valley
- Milwaukee is the Trip You Never Knew You Wanted to Take
Albuquerque & Abiquiu, NM
I go to New Mexico every year and try to add in a new destination when I go!
No idea. There’s a chance it may be Spain and a chance it might be Michigan. Or there’s a chance it might not be leaving Virginia at all (but that sounds brutal during our oppressive summer!)
Alaska! I’m going back and I’m so excited! On the agenda: Glacier Bay, Haines, Valdez, and Matanuska. It’s been seven years since my last trip but I know it’ll still be wonderful.
Europe, and a very random smattering of cities. The goal: 3 days in Seville, 2 days in Budapest, 3 days in Munich. Because we couldn’t make up our mind.
Killarney, Ireland. I’m attending a conference and adding another 3 or so days on my own to explore. I *might* get a chance to head somewhere else, too, but I have a feeling my time/money might be running out by then.
100% to be determined. A few places on my radar: the Azores, if I find a lot of money. Austin, TX which just sounds awesome. Cancun, which I always love.