This weekend, the team at BoardingArea is doing some work to upgrade our website. My blog (and the others here at BoardingArea) will be available during the process, but I’ll be unable to post any new articles for a few days. I’ve compiled some awesome resources to keep you busy reading so that you’ve got plenty of content to hold you over until things are opened up for new posts again. Additionally, you won’t be able to leave any comments, so if you have any thoughts you’d like to share, feel free to email me in the meantime.
I hope to include more resource summaries in the future, but for starters, here are some of my favorite resources on using airline miles for free flights.
Summaries and General Tips:
- Award Charts and Route Maps
- Do I Have Enough Miles?
- How Far Out Can You Book Award Tickets?
- Stopover Rules for Award Tickets on AA, Delta, United, and US Airways
- Using Miles for Round-the-World Tickets
- Which Airlines Charge Fuel Surcharges?
- The Best Awards Each Frequent Flyer Program Has to Offer
- 12 Places to Go with AA, Delta, or United Miles
Destinations & Availability Advice:
- A Roundup of Less Expensive Ways to Travel to Europe on Miles
- Business Class Award Seats to Asia You Can Almost Always Find
British Airways Avios
- Minimizing Fuel Surcharges When Redeeming Avios
- Using Stopovers to Save Avios
- How to Create a British Airways Household Account
- Bucket List Items Worth Your Avios
- 10 Redemption Ideas for Avios
- Using Avios to Get to the Caribbean and Mexico (via Miami or New York-JFK)
- An Overview to Delta SkyMiles Awards
- How to Redeem Delta SkyMiles
- How to Book a Delta SkyMiles Award
- How to Find Low Level Space on Delta
- 10 Tips on Using SkyMiles
- How to Make Delta SkyMiles Work for You
- Reducing the Cost of One-Way Awards
- The Coolest Thing You Can Do With 25-150K Delta Miles